What are the objectives of the Charity?
The Charity has three key objectives which it must meet:
- To promote the efficiency of REME and to foster its esprit de corps.
- To relieve either generally or individual necessitous persons being members or former members of REME or their dependants (Beneficiaries).
- To support charitable purposes for the benefit of Beneficiaries.
What does that mean?
The objectives of the charity are broad and wide ranging; this allows us to support a wide range of activities. In simple terms the charity supports the following:
- It provides grants to past and present members of the Corps who are in need.
- It provides direct support through grants to Corps and unit activities
- It funds the REME Sports Association and REME Adventurous Training.
- It funds REME Publications, including The Craftsman Magazine, The Calendar, The Journal and The Officers List.
- It also provides some support for the REME Museum (registered charity 272740), the REME Band and the Corps Sergeants’ Mess amongst other things